[bread] [fry] [kiss] [twist]

#1. I can't believe, after all this time, I finally dropped the ball and missed a "day of dreams" yesterday .... Consider me shamed. 
#2. My excuses: I was out until 3 am the night before. I was mildly hungover. I was tired. I had to work. I had happy hour plans. I got invited to a last-minute birthday dinner for one of my besties. I almost fell asleep on the drive home. I visited with my roommate's family (her mom and half a dozen adorable sisters are in town for a concert and stayed with us last night). I zonked around 1am. 

Without further ado, 

My Dream of the Day.

I want to spend my birthday in Paris. I want to wake up to fresh baguettes. Blow out candles on a crêpe. Take my picture in front of the Eiffel Tower. Flirt with a cute French boy. Maybe ride a gondola. Dawdle up and down streets, observing street vendors, children in the park, and skinny French women eating bread and drinking wine (
this would do quite nicely). 




And this year (next month, actually), it happens!


We leave for Europe in 6 weeks. 


I've hinted (read: extensively described) my childhood as one with less-than-a-lot of monetary means. I've always wanted to go. I didn't actually think it would ever be possible until about 3 years ago. And I certainly wasn't prepared to get there before age 25. So, this one is a biggie.

I could go on and on about how excited I am. My travel buddy is literally the best. She has binders and plans and itineraries and is an excellent booker of flights, hostels, and rental cars. I am amazed by her. She's already made this trip a success and we haven't even left yet!


There you have it -- I want / need /
have to spend my birthday in Paris. And luckily for all of us, it's on the [very, very close] horizon!

I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 

40 Days of Dreams 

Day 20: Learn a new language.
Day 21: Make a difference.
Day 22: Trace my ancestry.
Day 23: Go Greek.
Day 24: Discover something.
Day 25: Visit Ireland.
Day 26: Throw a singles party.
Day 27: Go ghost hunting.
Day 28: Learn to ballroom dance.
Day 29: Get a professional massage.
Day 30: Go back in time.
Day 31: Satisfy my sweet tooth.
Day 32: Take a cruise.
Day 33: Conduct an interview.
Day 34: Attend an awards show.
Day 35: Finish school (for a while).
Day 36: Teach boys a lesson.
Day 37: Go to lunch with Zooey, Ingrid, and Sara B.
Day 38: Spend my birthday in Paris.

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment